1) What is the very first prop you made? Give us some details… and looking back at it now…
A little daisy flower clip! I sold them for a dollar and called them “dollar daisies” they sold quite a bit then I moved on to felt flowers and shabby headbands!
2) What got you into the photography prop vendor world?
I was pregnant with my daughter, Cali. I shopped daily for the perfect hair accessories, but I couldn’t find anything I liked so I thought, “I’ll just get the supplies and do it myself” that’s how Cali and Me started.
3) Share some love… please name your top 3 professional photographers who you love working with…
Defiantly Starla Holl with Starla Photography! She really got my name out there plus she is an amazing photographer! www.facebook.com/StarlaPhotography
Kristina Only (Only Photography) and Jenny Reese (Pieces by Reeses) they both do wonderful work too!!
4) Let’s have fun… any extraordinary talent, or obsession, that you’d like to share with us? IE: can you touch your tongue to your nose, or do you snowboard, maybe run marathons or like to mow the lawn in your bikini ? 🙂
Ha well lets see. I’m not what you’d expect for making fancy headbands. I’m a t-shirt,
blue jeans kinda girl. I love to fish and shoot my bow. I’m also a gardening fanatic and love collecting daylilys. I have about 40 varieties so far. Photography is my next thing I’m trying out, even though I know nothing about it. I just love nature and trying to capture it.
5) What are all of your shop links, so we can cyber stalk your goodies and shop often! ?
6) Tell us about YOU… personally. Are you a wife, mother, sister friend. Do you enjoy sports, wine tasting, avid book reader.
We’d love to get to know YOU better…
I am a mom, to 3 wonderful, crazy kids. 16, 12, and 3. Teen, pre teen and terrible 3’s…. Go figure. I love getting to stay home and being with them. I’m engaged, been that way almost 7 years now. I am happy where I’m at though. I absolutely love my job! Creating headbands is the most fun job I have ever had!!
7) Share with us your ALL TIME #1 FAVORITE image in your portfolio (make sure to label this photo FAVORITE)?
Ok this is my favorite right now! Horse, sunset, silver glitter. The best!
8) Do you have any other photography based adventures planned for the near future? For instance, collaborating with workshops?
This year for me is all about advertising and building a fan base, and learning more about my business.
9) Any fabulous formative info you can “share” with fellow vendors who are just starting out? We could always use inspiration… so we’d love a “pep talk” !
Just hang in there. I never imagined I’d come this far with headbands. It took about 6 months to get started. And practice makes perfect! It’s unbelievable the new things you can learn everyday.
10) How did you “name” your prop shop? We love to hear how all of these creative shop names came to be…
My shop is named after my daughter Cali. Shopping for her and deciding to make her headbands myself have me the inspiration to call my business “Cali and Me”
Use this code: INSANITYFAN