1) Where are you located in the lovely world, AND how long ago was this session shot?
I am located in a small little town named Atkins, which is near Cedar Rapids, Iowa. This session was from a couple of weeks ago and it was SO much fun!! It was only my second set of twin newborns and I have a couple of more that will be coming up later this year.
2) What did you shoot with for this session? Gear geek talk me..
I’m an all Canon girl… I shoot with a 5D Mark III and typically in a session, I’ll use my 24-70L, 100mm/2.8 (for macro shots), and sometimes my 50mm/1.4.
3) Did you have a prop theme, and if so, How did your prop “theme” come to life?
The parents gave me an all-clear – “do what I want” – with this session… so I just had fun!
I had been wanting to do a red riding hood set-up after I ran across the wolf hat, so the fact that I had a boy/girl twin set coming… it was game-on!
4) Where did you get your props for this specific session (share those prop shops!)?
I am a “regular” at SO many prop shops… I might have a problem! For this session, I used things from:
The Knitting Bitty,
Two Crafty Mamas,
Birdie Baby Boutique,
Ellie Bellie Design,
Blueberry Bonnets and Prop Shop,
My New Love,
Le Petite Couture Designs,
and probably some others!
5) What was your favorite part of this session (i.e. baby snuggle time, great new prop used, location)?
You get DOUBLE the baby snuggle time with twin sessions!! I brought in my cousin as an assistant on this particular shoot, normally I don’t have an extra set of hands, but it was fun working with her and we took full advantage of having double the babies to cuddle with!
6) Do you shoot in studio, or on location? (if studio, tell us a bit about it!)
I shoot both, but newborns are typically in-studio. I have a small studio location on the Main Street in my town, which used to be an ice cream shop. It’s really cute and works for what I need… although my props might be starting to spill out everywhere!
7) What was your FAVORITE prop used during this session?
I’m OBSESSED with that woodland knotty-wood handled bucket from My New Love and honestly, I don’t know if there is a session where I don’t use my felt layers from milkmoney. I love those!!
8) Anything fun, nerdy, or quirky about yourself that you’d like to share?
I passed out in the middle of my wedding ceremony right as we were saying the vows.
I have a crazy loud laugh…. my kids say it’s obnoxious!
I maintained a rubber stamping blog for MANY years and was known for my “coloring skills”. I spent a lot of time with a box of Crayola’s as a child!