This next CELEBRITY CRUSH is on prop shop ReiLynn Designs
DISCOUNT ALERT!: PROPINS and it is 25% off
and expires Oct 22
1) What is the very first prop you made?
Give us some details… and looking back at it now…
Honestly, it was my daughters first blanket. I made it in third grade “knowing” that it would be perfect for my baby someday. It was made 100% at recess while watching the other kids play kick ball- I was “hooked.” I still have the blanket, and I wouldn’t change a thing! It helps that it was made for my little girl, I could never sell a blanket that was made while I was sitting in dirt! LOL!
2) What got you into the photography prop vendor world?
Like I had mentioned, I have been crocheting since I was in grade school. I never thought of it turning into my career until a few years ago when I opened ReiLynn Designs as a girl’s boutique. After working with a few amazing photographers, I knew I wanted to pursue more photography aimed designs. The creative community of photographers is so rewarding to be a part of.
3) Share some love… please name your top 3 professional photographers who you love working with…
My top three photographers to work with: Abba Color Photography, Shanna Rae Photography, Gabriela Bauerova Photography. They are so great with working on my color inspirations and bringing in fresh product ideas!
4) Let’s have fun… any extraordinary talent, or obsession, that you’d like to share with us? IE: can you touch your tongue to your nose, or do you snowboard, maybe run marathons or like to mow the lawn in your bikini ?
I was an art major in college and minored in painting. I love to oil paint and am actually published in a few art books! My house is full of paintings and I do gallery shows a couple times a year.
5) What are all of your shop links, so we can cyber stalk your goodies and shop often! ?
Google+ : https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/108133069533317501593/108133069533317501593/about/p/pub
6) Tell us about YOU… personally. Are you a wife, mother, sister friend. Do you enjoy sports, wine tasting, avid book reader.
When I’m not working, I’m traveling with my little girl and my significant other, Amber. We love to take educational trips as a family and are always planning the next one!
7) Share with us your ALL TIME #1 FAVORITE image in your portfolio!
I love everything about this image! She is so gorgeous, from her mouth to her hair and little fingers and toes. I love that the way the image is composed that you see every beautiful detail!
8) Do you have any other photography based adventures planned for the near future? For instance, collaborating with workshops?
I am working with Creative Captures Photography Workshop in June as a vendor sponsor. I hope to work a few more workshops, as well as do some traveling truck show events this summer.
9) Any fabulous formative info you can “share” with fellow vendors who are just starting out? We could always use inspiration… so we’d love a “pep talk” !
Make sure to build relationships- not just your brand. There are so many prop makers out there filling e-mails with items because it is easy to get caught up in selling. Photographers have their own style, find a couple that fit your prop style and build that trusting relationship first. Don’t forget to build relationships with other prop makers for ready to ship sales or combined prop set ups.