Facebook Fan Page http://www.facebook.com/SquishyBabyStuff
1) What is the very first prop you made? Give us some details… and looking back at it now…
The first props I’ve made it was a beautiful classical, vintage look bonnet made out of delicate linen, a bonnet for which I used a piece cotton lace, handmade by my granny.
2) What got you into the photography prop vendor world?
5 years ago, when I was in a maternity leave, I started making polymer clay handmade buttons. My buttons became very popular around the world in a very short period of time. 3 years later, my best friend gave birth to a beautiful little girl. I made a cute crocheted romper for her, I sewed some matching buttons made by me as well, I took a photo and I posted on my FB page.
People started asking me “where did you find this” “who did this” I have to admit that the success of that romper took me by surprise, but from this to the photography prop world was just a little step I started to put into practice what my granny taught me since childhood: to sew, to knit and to crochet, I opened a new Facebook page, I started working with some amazing photographers and here I am today Proud owner and creator of SquishyBabyStuff
3) Let’s have fun… any extraordinary talent, or obsession, that you’d like to share with us? IE: can you touch your tongue to your nose, or do you snowboard, maybe run marathons or like to mow the lawn in your bikini ?
Hmmm….hard to say and nothing spectacular comes into my mind right now :))) This means I’m boring??? :)))
My hubby says that I’m the best cook he ever knew. Well, I promised him I will not tell this to my mother in law :)))
4) Tell us about YOU… personally. Are you a wife, mother, sister friend. Do you enjoy sports, wine tasting, avid book reader.
We’d love to get to know YOU better…
I am the mother of a beautiful boy, the wife of a wonderful man, a doctor( dentist, yes I’m a dentist :)) and artisan making lovely photography props in my spare time….the perfect combination
What I love?
1. MY FAMILY!!! My son, David, and my husband, Bogdan, are THE WORLD to me. My crazy little and incredible smart sister :)), my mom and dad and my parents in law who are a great support for us and we love them.
2. Vacations – I love to travel, to discover new places
3. Movies – a passion that I share with my husband Last night I watched, for the 10th time I think :))), at Scent of a Women, one of my favorite movies ever
4. Sports – how I couldn’t love sports if I’m a former swimmer???
5) Share with us your ALL TIME #1 FAVORITE image in your portfolio.
This is very hard because I have wonderful photographers that i work with and I have many beautiful images. I will pick one…
6) What is your FAVORITE prop to make?
Knitted sets ( overalls or shorties and classical bonnets made out of mohair)
7) Any fabulous formative info you can “share” with fellow vendors who are just starting out? We could always use inspiration… so we’d love a “pep talk” !
NEVER sacrificing quality. If a customer receives a quality work will definitely come back to you
8) How did you “name” your prop shop? We love to hear how all of these creative shop names came to be…
Usually, I’m full of ideas, but I have to admit that I needed quite some time to find a name that I like. I didn’t want something common, something that could pass almost unnoticed, but nothing spectacular came into my mind at that moment. Then I imagined a newborn baby in my arms and I saw nothing but a little squishy bundle of joy. Suddenly, I decided…SQUISHY BABY STUFF….will be the name of my business from now on. I was happy to see that many people loved this name too
*you win a duplicate set pictured, not the squishy baby!* lol
coupon code available for my BigCartel and Etsy shops