This weeks SESSION SHARE…. VINTAGE PHOTO is our featured photographer!
1) Where are you located in the lovely world, AND how long ago was this session shot?
I’m in Superior, Nebraska, twenty miles from the geographic center of the US. This session was shot one month ago, and has not been submitted in any other form to any other blog, magazine, etc.
2) What did you shoot with for this session? Gear geek talk me..
This was shot with a Canon 5d Mark II with a 24-70mm lens.
3) Did you have a prop theme, and if so, How did your prop “theme” come to life?
The prop theme was stranded on the beach– I wanted to be versatile in order to do mini sessions with boys and girls of different ages… pirates for boys and a little more of a boho feel with the doily tent for girls.
4) Where did you get your props for this specific session ?
I found the 1950s aluminum boat on a buy-sell-trade site. I made the teepee out of some birch logs, a vintage tablecloth, a vintage tie, and a ton of doilies! The boat had a mast made of collected vintage scarves, sewn together and tied to a curtain rod. I also made the hats, from a fold pattern used for making paper hats– I just used a light, but rigid canvas fabric and hotglued them together, then added some ribbon.
5) What was your favorite part of this session (i.e. baby snuggle time, great new prop used, location)?
It was amazing to be on location at Lovewell Lake in north-central Kansas… the kids just LOVE shoots where they get to do fantasy stuff and play with props. I buried small treasures for them to find for being models!
6) Do you shoot in studio, or on location?
I shoot in both. Actually, I just bought an old schoolhouse in the country I’m renovating into a photo studio! Before, I was working from home– but in the midst of becoming a foster parent, realized I needed more separation between work and home.
7) What was your FAVORITE prop used during this session?
My fave prop is definitely the tent. It’s gotten a ton of attention, and people ask for it!
FIND MORE VINTAGE PHOTOG AT:
Facebook Fan Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vintage-Photo