Facebook Fan Page http://www.facebook.com/blumerportraiture.com
1) Where are you located in the lovely world, AND how long ago was this session shot?
I am located in beautiful downtown Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. I photographed this little girl at the beginning of March. She was born about three weeks early, and at 5 pounds, she was my smallest newborn to date.
2) What did you shoot with for this session? Gear geek talk me..
I am a Canon girl. I shoot with a 5D Mark II. My lens is a 35mm and it never leaves my camera!
3) Did you have a prop theme, and if so, How did your prop “theme” come to life?
I did not have a prop theme. I typically try to stick with an organic look with neutral colors. I did find some great blue and white polka dot material that I wanted to try for her session, so we did incorporate that!
4) Where did you get your props for this specific session (share those prop shops!)?
I make a lot of my own props. I am a huge fan of up-cycling and love to make pants and rompers. I do make my own tiebacks as well.
5) What was your favorite part of this session (i.e. baby snuggle time, great new prop used, location)?
My favorite part of this session was catching up with this little girl’s mama. I’ve been photographing their family for 4 years now. We hadn’t seen each other since last June, so it was great to talk about Joy’s two big brothers and find out how big they are getting!
6) Do you shoot in studio, or on location? (if studio, tell us a bit about it!)
I have just moved into a little studio! Moving out of my garage and into my own space has been the best choice I’ve ever made. The studio is small, and I share it with THREE other photographers, but so far so good! We manage to share the space well, and the merging of props has been fantastic.
7) What was your FAVORITE prop used during this session?
My favorite prop was the new blue/white fabric. I love the way it photographs. And by adding a simple outfit or headband, I will be able to use it for boys or girls.
8) Anything fun, nerdy, or quirky about yourself that you’d like to share?
I LOVE re-reading books that I read as a child. I’m currently working my way back through the Baby-Sitter’s Club series. My ten year old daughter is reading them too, so we discuss what is happening in each one. It’s fun to share things I enjoyed as a child with her.