1) What is your photography site, blog url , and any other sites you own that you’d like to share with us?
2) What sparked your interest in the photography world, and when did you start first professionally shooting clients? Plus, where are you located?
Ive always been a photographer at heart. when i was younger, my parents bought me a semi pro camera. I was always out in the wood shooting anything and everything beautiful.
It was only when my daughter was born, and i looked into getting newborn photos for her. I got photos from an amazing photographer. Her name was Carolina Hanna Photo. She was totally out of my budget, but i didn’t care. Watching what she did, i knew from that moment, how happy i was and how much passion i had for photography. Thats what i was going to do. I wanted to make moms happy and grandmoms cry.
Currently located in Nipawin, Sk Canada
3) And we have to ask, our typical question…… WHAT DO YOU SHOT WITH, and what is your favorite lens?
Nikon D610, Sigma 50mm art
4) Let’s have fun… any extraordinary talent, or obsession, that you’d like to share with us? IE: can you touch your tongue to your nose, or do you snowboard, maybe run marathons or like to mow the lawn in your bikini ?
I have an obsession for real hoarding photo props. I was buying newborn props before i was even a newborn photographer. And finding them and amazing prices. lol but non photography related.. I’m a web designer… i know .. pretty boring.. hmm.. what else… Im a mom, and I make amazing homemade real sushi. <3
5) Now this will be fun, seeing that you have worked with so many amazing vendors that we love & adore as well… it will be a hard one for you, but do you think you can give us a TOP 5 list of prop shops that you love “GO TO”? Please share (and include url)… in no order:
ugh… i hate you!!
1. my top one is KhristinesKreations – she amazing, friendly and she treats me great with free stuff!! I got to her for any tiebacks, wool fluff, basket stuffers etc. https://www.facebook.com/KhristinesKreations
2. For my crochet needs Creations by coralee. I send her an idea or picture and its done in a few days exactly how i wanted and cheaper than anyone i have ever found. (part of my talent) https://www.facebook.com/CreationsByCoralee
3. for baskets, buckets, creates i got to JD vintage props. No need to explain. They have awesome shit! http://jdvintageprops.com/
4. For backdrops and floordrops. i got to Lemondrop shop. http://www.lemondropshop.com/
5. if i am looking for BLING, i got to handcrafted crowns. Shes a darling, sending me goodies. https://www.facebook.com/handcraftedcrowns
6) Do you shoot on location, or do you have a studio that you work out of?
I work in my studio for newborns/maternity and on location for everything else.
7) Do you use actions (have a favorite?), or do you process on your own? We’d love to hear about your #1 processing technique that you seem to use on every edit.
I love my actions.
I used GTG & Florabella
And i use portraiture every edit!
8) *Favorite Prop Image
9) Do you have any other photography based adventures planned for the near future? For instance, your mentoring.. w’ed LOVE to hear more!
I started doing some one on one mentoring. But i am in such a small down… actually a small province of only 1.2 million people. But i do plan on doing some online mentoring in the future.
10) Any fabulous formative info you can “share” with fellow photographers ? Just starting out or seasoned professionals… we could always use inspiration… so we’d love a “pep talk” !
If i had to give any advice, it would be what I would have wanted to hear when i just started. If this is what you want to do, if this is your passion. Live, Breathe and sleep it. I did. Read, research,, videos, workshops, and practice a lot. Join thone groups on facebook that have photographers helping you out all the time for free. get critique and take it seriously. Find your style. It important. I never knew what that meant, until i discovered mine. You want people to see your photos and say, thats totally ” so & so’s photography” like case coralee photography… you can tell her work anywhere.
Dont be just good…. reach to be the best. <3